There’s nothing worse than having cracked, flaky, itchy winter skin. It seriously is the worst possible thing I can think of. Here are a few ways I keep my skin refreshed and glowing all winter long.
- Drink Water. Obvi! This tip is preached all the time but it is so true. I know when my daughter has not been drinking enough water because her skin goes crazy and cracks like you wouldn’t believe. It’s quite amazing, actually.
- I always keep a jar of coconut oil with sugar in my shower. I try to use it at least 3 times a week.
- Dry Brush. I dry brush almost every day. It leaves my skin feeling fab!
- Moisturize everyday. All day! These are products that leave my skin feeling amazing!!
- Ives body lotion
- Josie Maran body butter
- Josie Maran shower oil
- Tacha Facial Mist
- Tacha Rice Powder Cleanser
- Kate Somerville Body Glow Sunscreen
- Josie Maran oil
- Cetaphil cream
- Dove bar soap
- Antioxidants! Eat foods high in antioxidants such as, dark leaf greens and blueberries!
- Vitamin C. Oranges, sweet potatoes, pineapple. These make skin look gorgeous!
- High Water Content fruits. Cantaloupe, cucumber, radishes, cauliflower. These will help keep skin hydrated.
- Good Fats. Mmmhhhmm. Get your good fats on with salmon and avocados.
- Olive oil/coconut oil. These oils aren’t just for cooking. Keep some in your bathroom at all times and lather up your skin whenever it is feeling dry or add some a few drops to you bath water for a luxurious soak.
- Be happy! Your inner attitude radiates to your outward appearance. Smile and be thankful for all that you have and it will show in your skin.