The season of BBQ’s, picnics, family reunions, camping trips and neighborhood get-together’s, is almost here. I have the perfect pasta salad for you, today! This, I can assure you, will be the hit of all your summer events.
Full of colorful everyday ingredients this pasta salad is healthy and over the top good. The vibrant red grape tomatoes add not only lush color but a wonderful sweetness. Have you tried cornichons? They add lots of crunch and a bit of bite that I adore in this salad. To add a bit of fun texture I choose to throw in some garlic white cheddar cheese. This made for a great combination with other flavors. Olives are always a good idea!
I wanted to create a sense of creaminess without over doing it, so I added a few tablespoons of Dijonnaise. This is just a great condiment. It has the wonderful flavor of Dijon and velvety texture of mayonnaise. I would highly recommend not omitting it from this recipe. It’s amazing.
With a big Tupperware full of this pasta salad, consider yourself prepared for all your summer festivities.
- ½ lb pasta, cooked
- 1/3 C olives, sliced
- 3 T cornichons, sliced, I used Maille
- ½ C grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1/3 C cheese, cubed, I used a garlic white cheddar
- ½ C high-quality Italian dressing
- 2 T Dijonnaise, I used Maille
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Combine pasta, olives, cornichons, tomatoes and cheese in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together Italian dressing, dijonnaise, salt and pepper.
- Fold dressing into pasta mixture.
- Adjust seasoning, as needed.
- Chill for 2-4 hours.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.