My family and I love shrimp pasta dishes. The problem is most of these recipes call for heavy creams and rich cheeses. I love this recipe because it is light and flavorful. You get the creamy feel without all the unwanted calories and fats.
This skinny creamy shrimp pasta was perfect on a chilly winter day. It was completely satisfying. I added a touch of lemon juice to bring out the shrimp flavor. The chicken broth and flour create a creamy textured sauce that envelopes the shrimp and pasta beautifully.
This pairs perfectly with a glass of wine and warm fire.
- 1 lb shrimp
- ¾ lb angel hair pasta
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 scallions, chopped (white and green parts, reserve ½ greens)
- 3 T butter
- 1 T olive oil
- 1½ C chicken broth
- 2 T flour
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ C parmesan (reserve 2 T)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Sauté garlic and scallions in butter.
- Combine broth and flour in small bowl, set aside.
- Add in shrimp and olive oil. Let sauté until shrimp is cooked through
- Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Return pan to med-low heat. Add in broth to pan.
- Whisk until thickens slightly. Stir in parmesan and cook until melted into sauce.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Return shrimp to pan.
- Add in cooked pasta.
- Garnish with reserved green scallions and parmesan.