Prosciutto Swiss Pinwheels with Apricot Thyme Glaze - Petit Foodie
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 3 slices Swiss cheese
- 5 thin slices prosciutto
- 1/3 cup Bonne Maman Apricot Preserve
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 egg wash, (1egg+1T water whisked)
- Preheat oven 350*. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface roll puff pastry out so it is a little bit thinner.
- Add Swiss cheese. Top with prosciutto slices.
- Roll puff pastry tightly jelly roll style.
- Brush egg wash lightly on to end of puff pastry to seal the roll.
- Cut roll into 1 inch slices - discarding the two ends.
- Place cut side down on to parchment paper and brush lightly with egg wash.
- Place in oven for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- While baking, in a small pot bring Bonne Mamman Apricot Preserves and thyme to a simmer.
- Stir until reduced and a thin glaze forms. Remove from heat and discard thyme stems.
- Once pinwheels are baked brush apricot glaze on each pinwheel.
- Garnish with extra thyme, if desired. Serve.