Lightened Up Creamy Shrimp Pasta - Petit Foodie
- 1 pound shrimp, thawed and cleaned
- 3/4 pound pasta, I used GF
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt + pepper
- 1/2 cup parmesan, grated
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 cup spinach, fresh
- In large pot bring salted water to a boil add in pasta and cook according to packaged direction. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat 1/2 tablespoon butter. Add in shrimp and saute until cooked- about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add in remaining butter and shallot. Saute until tender.
- Whisk in cornstarch. Once combine with the butter slowly whisk in half & half and broth.
- Season with salt and pepper. Let simmer but do not boil for about 4 minutes. Whisking as needed.
- Once thickened add in cheese and whisk until melted.
- Now add in spinach and let wilt down.
- Add in shrimp, pasta, lemon zest and juice. Stir until covered in sauce.
- Serve hot and topped with additional Parmesan.