Gluten Free Cornbread with Cherry Butter - Petit Foodie
- 1 cup All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup simmered sugar cherries
- Preheat oven to 375*. Grease a 9x9 inch square baking pan.
- In large bowl mix egg, milk and oil until light and fluffly.
- Add in salt, sugar, baking powder and mix until combine.
- Slowly pour in flour and cornmeal. Mix until just combine.
- Pour mixture into baking pan and bake for 20-25 min.
- If needed simmer 1/4 cup fresh cherries in 1/2 cup water and 1/3 cup sugar until soft. Then remove the cherries to cool and reserve the simple syrup for later use.
- Using food processor combine butter and cherries. Pulse until well blended.
- Place in fridge until 30 minutes before serving.
- Allow to come to room temperature to spread onto cornbread.