- 1 whole cantaloupe, chopped and frozen
- 1 cup water*
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup pistachios
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- In a blender place 1/2 of the frozen cantaloupe chunks, 1/2 C water and 1.5 tablespoons maple syrup.
- Blend until smooth.
- Repeat with remaining granita ingredients.
- Combine both batches of cantaloupe in a freezer safe airtight container.
- Place in freezer overnight.
- Once froze set out on counter for 30 minutes. Using a fork grate the cantaloupe mixture.
- Place in bowl and top with candied pistachios.
- In a small sauce pan heat maple syrup, coconut oil, coconut sugar and salt. Simmer until melted.
- Add in pistachios and coat evenly.
- Pour out onto parchment paper and let cool.
- Once cool store in an airtight container.
- *If you have a high speed blender you maybe able to use less water. I had to that much due to having a low speed blender.