With Easter just around the corner I wanted to make something that would be perfect on our family’s Easter brunch table. This raspberry pecan bread turned out extraordinarily good. I can’t wait to impress my family with it!
The bread is tender, not dense. The raspberry jam swirled through out adds a wonderful sweetness and gorgeous color. I love how when baking the pecans they get soft and tender. This is a truly melt in your mouth bread.
I adore simple recipes with few ingredients. When creating a simple recipe I cannot stress enough how important it is to use high quality ingredients. When you make this bread be sure to use the best jam, flour, yeast and pecans you can afford. It makes all the difference in the world.
With the help of Red Star Yeast this raspberry pecan bread turned out beautifully. I was amazed when the dough had risen perfectly. I cannot tell you how many times I have gone to the effort of making homemade bread only for my loaf to come out looking very pitiful. It’s embarrassing and maddening. Every time I made cinnamon rolls or sandwich bread I always thought, “Is this really going to come out as planned or will I be left with a dense gross mess?” Red Star Yeast has helped me take the question bread making. My loaves of bread come out gorgeous!
If you are new to bread baking I highly suggest checking out these Tips and Tricks. They are really helpful for beginners.
I hope your family loves this Raspberry Pecan Bread this Easter holiday.
- 1 C warm water, about 115*
- 2 ¼ tsp active dry yeast, I used Red Star Yeast Platinum
- 1 T sugar
- 2 ¼ C All Purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 C high quality raspberry jam
- ¾ C pecans, chopped
- In a medium bowl whisk yeast, warm water and sugar.
- Set aside until foamy.
- Once yeast has proofed, add 1 cup flour and salt.
- Stir in remaining flour ½ cup at a time. At this time you will probably need to use your hands.
- Knead dough until ingredients come together to form a tight ball.
- Place dough into a lightly greased medium mixing bowl.
- Cover with a clean tea towel and let rise in a warm area for about 1 hour, or until it has doubled in size.
- Once doubled in size punch down and place on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll dough out to about 10x 20 inch rectangle.
- Carefully, spread jam on dough leaving about ½ inch around the edges.
- Top jam with pecans.
- Roll dough tightly, starting at the 10 inch side.
- Seal the edges down as you go.
- Using a sharp knife cut down the middle of your roll.
- Carefully, braid the two pieces of dough – this will be a little messy.
- Tightly seal the ends together.
- Gently place braided dough in a lightly greased loaf pan.
- Cover and let rise for 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350*. Lightly grease a 9-inch loaf pan.
- Bake bread for 55 minutes.
For more Red Star Yeast information follow them on: Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram (@redstaryeast) | Facebook
I have partnered with Red Star Yeast to bring you this wonderful raspberry pecan bread. Thank you so much for supporting Petit Foodie and Red Star Yeast. Opinions, recipes and photos are my own.