It’s hard to find new and fun ways to get Ava to eat healthy. I feel like she is always eating the same thing and that really bothers me. I want her to try new things and have fun with her food options. When I provided healthy options for her it makes me feel better knowing she has had something healthy when she grabs for the chips or chocolate.
These quinoa tots are soooo fun! Oh my word they are not only fun but beyond delicious. They would make the perfect after school snack. The texture was just like the potato tater tots we all know and love. These homemade quinoa tots are just way tastier and healthier, in my opinion.
I know a lot of you love your football – need a new and healthy game day recipe? These quinoa tots are the perfect healthy game day appetizer. Serve these with your favorite dipping sauce and your fans will go wild for them. You may just want to double this recipe.
The key to getting these to keep their shape is shaping them into a very TIGHT SMALL ball, and then freezing for about 20 minutes. To get the wonderful brown hue spray the tots with olive oil or cooking spray and give a light toss a few times during the baking process.
Whether you are making these for game day, after school snack or side dish you will not be disappointed.
- 1/3 C quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 1 medium egg, whisked
- ¼ C cheddar cheese
- 2 T parmesan cheese
- 3 T bread crumbs
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- Cooking spray or olive oil mist
- Preheat oven to 400*
- In medium bowl combine all the ingredients.
- Mix until just combine.
- Form mixture into small tight balls.
- Place on baking sheet and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and lightly mist tots with cooking spray or olive oil. Toss around gently on baking sheet to coat the tops with oil.
- Place quinoa tots in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Lightly flipping every 2-3 minutes.
- Let cool. Serve with dipping sauce.