Labor Day weekend is coming up and I’ve got a great pot-luck dish for you! Sometimes BBQ’s and get-togethers can be challenging to find healthy options. I try to avert these challenges by bringing a healthy dish or salad. That way I know there is something I can eat.
This farmer’s market quinoa makes staying on the healthy bandwagon so easy. The quinoa and veggies are all wrapped up in a delicious lemon honey dressing that makes for one bowl of goodness.
You can feel free to add a variety of veggies that you have on hand. I love the thought of adding purple cabbage for even more color pop. Diced red pepper would be a wonderful addition as well.
I suggest making a big batch of this on Sunday to ensure delicious on the go lunches all week long.
- ½ C quinoa
- 1 C water
- Pinch of salt
- ½ C cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ⅓ C cabbage, chopped
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 1 small carrot, grated
- ¼ medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tsp honey
- ⅛ C oil
- 4 dashes hot sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Bring quinoa, water and pinch of salt to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cover for about 15 min or until quinoa is tender.
- Let quinoa cool.
- Meanwhile combine dressing ingredients.
- In a medium bowl combine chopped veggies, quinoa and dressing.
- Refrigerator for three hours or overnight.
- Adjust seasonings if needed.