My favorite food around this time of year is cranberry sauce. I love this sauce over Greek yogurt, in my oatmeal, over warm pancakes or just on its own slightly heated up. It is slightly tart and the rum adds a great warming flavor. If you prefer your cranberry sauce sweet feel free to add up to one cup of sugar to this recipe. I would rather my cranberry sauce to be less sweet, allowing the flavor of the rum and cranberry to really shine.
I also prefer my sauce to be a bit runny. I don’t like all that congealed nonsense.
This grown up cranberry sauce is a real stunner and is sure to impress all your Thanksgiving guests this year. So be sure to add this to your Thanksgiving recipes.
- 1 bag cranberries
- 1 ½ C water
- ½ C sugar
- 2 T rum
- Pinch of salt
- Place all ingredients in a medium sauce pan.
- Over med-high heat bring all ingredients to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Let cool and place in fridge.
- Sauce will thicken slightly in fridge.