This brown butter cinnamon banana bread is sure to make your house smell of fall. The rich flavor of the brown butter and spice of the cinnamon give this classic banana bread a unique taste you will love.
I love the deep flavor and gorgeous color. It’s so pretty and would be the perfect gift to take to a neighbor or co-worker. They would love this!
If you are tired of the same old banana bread recipe you have on lock down, I suggest you give this delicious brown butter cinnamon bread recipe a try. Your grandma would be so proud. It’s that good.
- ½ C butter
- ½ C white sugar
- ½ C brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1¼ C flour
- 1/ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ C Greek yogurt
- ¼ C applesauce, unsweetened
- 2 bananas, ripe, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350*. Grease 9x5 inch loaf pan
- In a small sauce pan over medium low heat brown butter. Watch closely as it will burn.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl combine butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt.
- Working in batches pour flour mixture into wet batter.
- Once barley combine fold in bananas, Greek yogurt, and applesauce.
- Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Bake 50-60 min.