I’ve been on a real blueberry and lemon kick lately. It’s just a refreshing spring combo. Spring seriously can not get her soon enough. I’m ready for lighter dinners, refreshing drinks and most of all warmer weather.
We recently discovered the wonderfulness of sparkling wine. I adore it so much that whenever I see recipes creating these fancy cocktails with it, I shun them. Honestly, why mess with a good thing? I used to think how could you possibly make sparkling wine any better?
That was until I had half a bottle of sparkling wine left over from a dinner party. I decided to play around and try a few different combinations and not surprisingly I loved the blueberry lemon flavor.
Not only does the blueberry lemon syrup add a gorgeous color to the sparkling wine, it adds a wonderful refreshing yet deep flavor. Simmering the syrup really brings out the true flavor of the blueberries. This festive cocktail is perfect for a spring get together.
I can’t wait to serve these at my next brunch or dinner party!
- ½ C blueberries
- 1 T sugar
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 C sparkling wine, chilled
- In a small pot over med-low heat blueberries, sugar and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low.
- Let simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Once blueberry mixture is cooled strain.
- Place 2 T of blueberry lemon juice in each glass.
- Top the glasses with sparkling wine.
- Garnish with lemon slice.