Monday was Jonathan’s birthday. I made this decadent strawberry cheesecake for him and we celebrate with close friends.
To the boy who:
Makes me laugh EVERYDAY!
Cleans my car.
Shows me there is good in everyone (even when I don’t want to believe it).
Makes me want to do better and try harder at everything
Teaches our daughter (okay and me) to take pride in herself and her things.
Cooks the best scrambled eggs.
Gives the best massages.
Loves me even when I’m annoying.
Loves our daughter more than life its self.
For all these reasons and so many more Ava and I love you so much! I hope you had a great birthday babe.
*Notes on Cheesecake: I greased my springform pan. I did not use a water bath like everyone says you have to. I don’t own a roasting pan so I could not do a water bath without borrowing one and that didn’t happen this time. My cake came out just fine without it. You can use any topping you like. I just choose strawberries because they are in season. I topped it a few hours before we actually ate it and it was just fine. Normally, I wouldn’t top it until just before we ate it. This kept in the fridge covered for 3-5 days. I wouldn’t recommend longer than that. After baking it cooled on counter for 2-4 hours to cool.
- 2 C graham cracker crumbs
- 6 T butter, melted
- 3 T sugar
- 4 (8oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ C sugar
- 3 T flour
- 4 eggs
- ½ C sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Strawberry Topping
- 3 C strawberries, cleaned and cut
- ⅔ C sugar
- 3 T lemon
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 325*.
- Prepare springform pan.
- In medium bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar.
- Press firmly into the bottom and slightly up the sides of the pan.
- Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl combine cream cheese, sugar and flour until well blended.
- Add in eggs one at a time.
- Add in sour cream and vanilla, salt.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into pan and place in oven.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, until top is golden brown and cake is firm.
- Bring to room temperature and place in fridge overnight.
- To make topping combine strawberries, sugar, lemon, cornstarch in medium pot and simmer for about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool in fridge overnight.