Memorial Day is in a week! Let the grilling season begin. I thought you could use a few yummy beverages to accompany your BBQ chicken, grilled veggies and potato salad. I’ve created a blackberry rum spritzer and also added a few recipes from Captain Morgan that I thought you might like.
This weekend, I made these deliciously refreshing spritzers. The flavors are rich and completely satisfying. A true celebration in a cup…or mason jar. I’m so excited to test this spritzer out at our next BBQ. I know my friends and family will adore this.
I hope you love this blackberry rum spritzer as much as I did.
- ¼ C sugar
- ¼ C water
- ¼ C blackberries
- Juice of ½ lime
- 2 C club soda
- 8 oz light Captain Morgan Rum
- In small sauce pan combine sugar, water and blackberries.
- Simmer until sugar is dissolved and lightly smash berries down.
- Let cool and pour berries into bowl using fine mesh strainer. Reserve juice and discard berries.
- In pitcher combine club soda, rum, lime juice, berry juice and ice. Stir until cold.
- Divide into four mason jars.
- Garnish with lime wedges, if desired.
PORT ROYAL PUNCH
(For a crew of 25)
- · 2 (46 oz.) cans of pineapple juice
- · 3 cups mango juice
- · 1 (750 mL) bottle of Captain Morgan® Original Spiced Rum
- · 4.5 ounces of grenadine
- · 3 oranges sliced thinly and quartered
- · 3 cans of Sprite for fizz
In a punch bowl or large serving vessel, add the above ingredients and stir. Serve over ice in a punch glass – or glass of your choosing.
CAPTAIN MORGAN CITRUS SQUEEZE PUNCH
(For a crew of 30)
- · 2 (750 mL) bottles Captain Morgan® Original Spiced Rum
- · 15 oz. orange curaçao
- · 1 (59 oz.) carton orange juice
- · 15 oz. fresh lemon juice
- · 7 oz. almond syrup
Combine all the ingredients in a large punch bowl. Stir well and ladle punch into glass. Garnish with an orange slice, a lemon slice, a lime slice, citrus peels and/or a mint leaf.
CAPTAIN MORGAN BLACK TORTUGA NIGHTS
(For a crew of 30)
• 1 (750 mL) Bottle Captain Morgan® Black Spiced Rum
• 1 (750 mL) Bottle White Zinfandel
• 24 oz. Pineapple Juice
• 1 (2 L) Bottle Lemon-Lime Soda
• 4 Limes, Sliced
• 30 Cherries
Chill all ingredients. In a large punch bowl, combine Captain Morgan® Black Spiced Rum, Wine, Pineapple Juice, and Soda. Add a large block of ice. In each wine glass, add two cherries and a slice of lime, crushing the fruit with a spoon to extract the juices. Ladle punch into the prepared glasses for serving.
*I recieved Captain Morgan products to make this recipe. Opinions and Blackberry Rum Spritzer recipe are my own. Please note the serving amounts on all recipes. As always drink responsibly.